Sunday 8 January 2012

Plant Research

What types of Plants Shall I grow in my Aquaponic Systems?
As with my choice of Fish; what sort of plants I choose to grow, in my aquaponic systems; will be a multitude of very important decisions, I have to make.  so I must think carefully and research my choices as much as I can.

As with my choices of Fish; The ornamental side of the market stands to be able to make much higher profits than crops do, but then crops means 'food' and there is always a guaranteed market for that.

Really, I would like to try as many things as possible and see what works for me and what sells.
A variety of photograph-able material, for the website would be a very sensible thing to have.  Especially since I could potentially earn allot more from that, than I could from half a dozen retail outlets.

So far I have decided to try;
  1. Salad Crops, indoor and outdoor (shelved in the poly tunnels).
  2. Tall and caned plants, such as Tomatoes and Aubergines.
  3. Tall tropical and experimental.
  4. Non woody garden plants (outdoors).
  5. Summer Bedding.
  6. House Plants.
  7. Soft Fruit.
  8. Outdoor salad crops.

No comments:

Post a Comment