Monday 30 January 2012

Free Working Hollidays

WWOOFS
World Wide Opportunities On Organic Farms
The above named organisation WWOOFS provides free workers, to work on organic farms and in return the farmer must provide these workers with food and accommodation.
wwoofs are a global organisation. 

Aquaponics is organic and I think I could provide food and accommodation for the wwoofs workers, probably nothing too glamorous though, but something that would be both comfortable and memorable.

I think I shall apply to be a wwoofs host, as soon as I get my first poly tunnel up.
Thanks to my mate Laura for telling me about them.
Here is a link to their site -wwoofs Link

A cool place to come and stay
The authentic hippy experience couldn't be more perfect than working in some organic aquaponic poly tunnels and sleeping in a communal tee-pee.

I think about four hours work a day ought to cover the workers for food and accommodation.  Especially considering that most of the food will be grown on site.  The rest of the time, they could do what they wanted and then they really would feel like they were on Holiday.

Apparently allot of the wwoofs workers travel around the world doing this, so it sounds a very good thing to get involved with.

No comments:

Post a Comment